RYA Yachtmaster Ocean Shorebased Course
The RYA Yachtmaster Ocean shorebased course will help you to understand the mysteries of astro navigation, how to use a sextant, how to plan an ocean passage, including passage making, worldwide meterorology and the use of electronic navigational aids.
- The Earth & Celestial Sphere
- The PZX Triangle
- The sextant
- Measurement of time
- Meridian Altitudes
- Sun, Star and other other sights
- Compass checking
- Satellite Navigation Systems
- Great Circle Sailing:Worldwide meterology
- Passage planning
- Passage Making and communications
- 40 hours - Monday to Friday with one exam paper.
Previous Experience Required
Your navigational skills should be at the standard of the RYA Yachtmaster Offshore course.
Price Per Person
Our experienced and patient instructors will teach you these skills and guide you through the intricacies of the celestial navigation.
Bookings & InfoBook Now
- Dates to be confirmed... please contact Stephanie
Recommended RYA Books
Below is some recommended precourse reading. Just click on the link and this will take you direct to the RYA web page to order and have your book dispatched direct to your home address.
|Buy Astro Navigation at the RYA Shop
|Buy RYA Astro Navigation Handbook at the RYA Shop
|Buy ReeAstro Navigation Tables 2011 at the RYA Shop