Equality Policy Statement
Endeavour Sailing is committed to equality of opportunity and aims to ensure that all present and potential students, instructors and employees are treated fairly and on an equal basis, irrespective of sex, age, disability, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, marriage and civil partnership, gender reassignment or social status.
- To ensure boating is accessible and attractive to the widest audience
- To ensure that our services are as accessible as possible, including people with disabilities.
- To increase the diversity of our Instructors and employees
- To identify and promote more role models at all levels from under-represented groups, including
- women, people with disabilities, people from BAME backgrounds and LGBT+ people.
- To attract new participants from under-represented groups through targeted initiatives.
- Endeavour Sailing will tailor requirements in relation to RYA courses, to individuals, provided that the
standard, quality and integrity of the scheme and assessments are not compromised.
- Appointments to voluntary or paid positions with Endeavour Sailing will be made on the basis of an
individual’s knowledge, skills and experience and the competencies required for the role.
- Endeavour Sailing reserves the right to discipline any volunteers or employees who practise any form
of discrimination in breach of this policy, in line with the relevant articles, rules, codes of conduct and
- The effectiveness of this policy will be monitored and evaluated on an ongoing basis by the School
Principal reporting to the Chief Instructor.