RYA Cruising Instructor
This course is for those people who wish to go onto teach RYA Competent Crew Sailing and Day Skipper Sailing Courses. Endeavour Sailing prides itself on its Cruising Instructor Course, and the quality of the tuition and feedback.
Along side the RYA's own check list we have developed our own feedback form, which allows you to identify your strengths and weaknesses. During the course, you will identify how different people learn, how you can adapt and alter your teaching style to meet these peoples needs.
We will develop your Yachtmaster level skills. You will go through course programming and how to plan your days, develop timetables and lesson plans. We will look at how to run the practical sessions, what tools you have available to teach and how to set up exercises and achieve success and get the best out of your students.
You will be continuously assessed through out the week, and it is imperative that your theory knowledge, as well as your practical skills, are up to speed. This is a 6 day course, with the course commencing on the Sunday morning in the classroom.
It is recommended that you have recent sailing practice and your practical and theoretical knowledge are to Yachtmaster Offshore level.
At the end of the week an independent moderator will come on board to verify the decision of our assessor.
Previous Experience Required
- Candidates must be qualified to Yachtmaster Offshore Level with a valid commercial endorsement and have a valid first aid certificate.
- Accommodation on board for the duration of the course + Friday and Saturday night at the end of the course free of charge.
- Welcome drink on arrival
- Bedding (Duvet and 2 pillows)
- Towels (Hand and bath towel)
- All breakfasts
- All lunches (including homemade cake!)
- 1 evening meal with wine
- Use of wet weather gear
- Use of lifejackets and safety lines
- All mooring fees including water and electricity
- 3rd August 2019
Price Per Person
Bookings & Info