RYA Essential Navigation and Seamanship Course
The RYA Essential Navigation and Seamanship Course is an introductory online course, designed to give you the fundamental basic knowledge you will need on board a boat.
- PC or Mac with Adobe Flash Player (will not work on tablets or smart phones that do not support Flash).
- Internet access.
- Allow pop ins
- Internet Explorer (version 6 or above), Firefox, Safari V4. It is NOT compatable with Google Chrome, or Internet Explorer 64 bit.
- Charts and publications
- Electronic navigation
- Collision regulations
- Passage planning
The course is expected to take around 6 – 16 hours online study (you must complete the course within 12 months of enrolling).
- Immediate access to the online course
- RYA course pack (Handbook, Chart Plotter CD, Practice charts, Portland Plotter, Dividers) N.B. The section of the RYA Training Almanac required for use in this course is online.
- RYA certification on completion (there is no assessment at the end of the course)
- Instructor Support: To back up the convenience of online learning you will have a dedicated instructor, who will be able to take you through any aspect of the course via email, telephone or skype.
Enrollment is a simple process.
Upon payment for the course (either by cleared bank transfer or credit card) you will be emailed an enrollment key from us, or we will enroll you and email you the log in details, the password can be changed when you then enter the site, either method will then allow you access to the course through our own customised area of the RYA interactive site. Also within this email are full instructions.
The course pack will be posted to you on the same day.
Other things you will need
- Soft leaded (2B) pencil
- Pencil Sharpener
Upon successful completion we will post out to you your certification.