RYA Personal and Professional Responsibilities Course
From April 2012, if you wish to commercially endorse your RYA certificate or if you are already a commercial skipper and need to revalidate your endorsement you will need the RYA Personal and Professional Responsibilities Course certificate.
Endeavour Sailing is pleased to be able to offer this new online course via RYA Interactive.
- PC or Mac with Adobe Flash Player (will not work on tablets or smart phones that do not support Flash).
- Internet access.
- Allow pop ins
- Internet Explorer (version 6 or above), Firefox, Safari V4. It is NOT compatable with Google Chrome, or Internet Explorer 64 bit.
To give you a better understanding of the regulations and guidelines under which you are governed to allow you to operate safely, confidently and within the law as a commercial skipper or crew member.
The course itself is divided into 4 training modules and each module has questions and activities to assess your understanding as you progress through the course, followed by one online examination.
Certificates which can be commercially endorsed
- RYA Yachtmaster Ocean Certificate of Competence
- RYA Yachtmaster Offshore Certificate of Competence
- RYA Yachtmaster Coastal Certificate of Competence
- RYA Coastal Skipper Course Completion Certificate
- RYA Advanced Powerboat Certificate of Competence
- RYA Advanced Powerboat Course Completion Certificate (if before Jan 2005)
- RYA Powerboat level 2
- RYA Dayskipper Practical Non Tidal if supported by Day Skipper Theory
- RYA Dayskipper Practical Tidal
Exempt: Holders of the MCA Officer of the Watch, Master 200 and Master 500
- 16 hours
The 4 modules
- People - this explains the importance of correct manning, keeping your skills up to date and the safe management of commercial vessels.
- Vessel - goes through the compulsory carriage and maintenance of safety equipment, and how to create and implement risk control and operating procedures.
- Purpose - how to ensure the vessel is suitable and legal for the work, obligations in protecting the environment, appropriate planning and situational awareness.
- Commercial Environment - this explains how you and your qualifications fit into the professional maritime world.
We will provide an instructor who will be on hand to help with queries during the course, via Skype, email or telephone.
|Person||£32.50 plus VAT £39 (inc VAT).|
This price is fixed by the RYA.
Bookings & Info
Upon payment for the course (either by cleared bank transfer or credit card) you will be emailed the site URL, your username & password and all necessary instructions for the RYA Personal and Professional Responsibilities Course.
There is a mock assessment for you to try before the final assessment to ensure you are ready, you can try this up to a maximum of three times.
The assessment has two modules, each with a time limit of 1.5 hours with 15 questions in each section, and you have one attempt at each. The two modules are:
- Regulations and legislations
There is a pass mark of 80% i.e. 12 out of 15, in each section.
Once you have successfully passed the assessment at the end of the course you will be able to download your certificate which you can save and then you will need to send the certificate to the RYA along with your commercial endorsement application or renewal form.
If you do not pass the assessment you will need to contact us to discuss your options. A reassessment fee will be charged at £6 inc VAT.