RYA Competent Crew to Day Skipper Fast Track
For many people the RYA Day Skipper course is probably the most important. This is the minimum level which most charter companies will accept for you to bare boat charter.
At Endeavour Sailing we have developed our Day Skipper Fast Track Programme with this in mind and we want you to feel confident in taking a boat out on your own for the first time.
Our Day Skipper Fast Track programme allows you to progress smoothly and confidently to Day Skipper level. We believe the 4 week programme allows you the best chance to achieve the above goal.
Some schools offer this in a much shorter programme which often leads to failure and also inexperienced Day Skippers, who do not feel confident with taking the boat out on their own. This shorter programme is also extremely intense making for a very stressful few weeks.
Within our programme we also include the VHF Radio Course and give you the completed application form for you to apply for your International Certificate of Competence. These two qualifications are being asked for more and more now as well for Bareboat Charter.
- During this course you will learn the techniques to safely navigate a yacht including passage planning and pilotage.
- How to leave a berth and return to a berth in different conditions and in different ways including finger pontoons, stern to mooring and bows to mooring.
- How to anchor, including where to anchor.
- General Seamanship including routine maintenance such as engine checks, safety equipment on board (use of and maintenance),
- Safety of your crew on board and their well fare.
- VHF radio course.
Please find the links to the syllabi for the different courses to give you a thorough understanding of what will be covered during each week of your course.
- Competent Crew Practical Course Syllabus
- Day Skipper Theory Syllabus
- Day Skipper Practical Course Syllabus
- VHF Marine Radio (SRC) Course Syllabus
- 4 weeks
Previous experience required
Pre course preparations
The following literature has been designed to help you with some learning of the key words you are going to use and to get you started.
Recommended RYA Books
We strongly recommend you purchase the RYA Day Skipper Handbook for Sail - this covers everything you will learn during your time with us and is an excellent all round book.
You will also need the RYA Yachtmaster Scheme Syllabus and Logbook - this monitors and records what you have achieved.
NB These books are also for sale here in Lanzarote if you wish to purchase them when you arrive.
- Accommodation on board for the duration of the course & Friday night at the end of the course free of charge and if you need to stay on board on the Saturday night after the course we charge a nominal fee of £15 (be aware though that at weekends we may need access to the boat in the day ).
- Welcome drink on arrival
- Bedding (Duvet and 2 pillows)
- Towels (Hand and bath towel)
- All breakfasts
- All lunches (including homemade cake!)
- 1 evening meal with wine for the night sailing
- Use of wet weather gear
- Use of life jackets and safety lines
- All mooring fees including water and electricity
- All training materials and certifications
- Meals ashore
- Transfer from airport
£ 2250 (per person)
- 14th January 2018
- 18th February 2018
- 18th March 2018
- 15th April 2018
- 13th May 2018
- 10th June 2018
- 15th July 2018
- 19th August 2018
- 16th September 2018
- 14th October 2018
- 18th November 2018
- Week 1 Competent Crew
- Week 2 Day Skipper Theory
- Week 3 Close Quarter Boat Handling Skills + VHF Course
- Week 4 Day Skipper Practical
Additional information and bookings