For those who do not wish to have a skipper/instructor on board. You will be responsible for the running of the yacht, so a great opportunity to achieve those “skippered miles”.
This gives you the opportunity to make all the decisions, do all the navigating, organising the crew and most of all decide on your passages, anchorages and marinas. Some people also like to join in when we organise our “Round The Island” trips so you can sail in tandem with one of our yachts so help is always at hand.
You will need to have a minimum of RYA Day Skipper + 1 RYA Competent Crew + 1 VHF radio operators license on board. We want to make your bareboat charter pleasant and fun and we are small enough to offer you a personalised service. We have selected the best yachts for you and we ensure they are cleaned and well maintained.
Your Yachts will be ready for you to sail, they will have full tanks of fuel and water, one bottle of cooking gas and one spare.
On arrival you will be met and given an overview of the cruising area, a weather forecast and we will have a discussion about your plans for your time with us and a passage plan logged with us. You will then be taken to the yacht and you will be shown around to make sure you are familiar with:
- All of the safety equipment including: fire extinguishers, lifejackets, and first aid kit
- Cooking and refrigeration systems
- The heads and showers
- Engine and regular check procedures
- The VHF radio system and proper mayday instructions
- All instruments, including the GPS
- All necessary charts and pilot books
- The halyards, winches, reefing lines and other rigging and controls
- The anchoring system
- All other systems particular to that vessel
At the end of your charter you will return the yacht with full tanks of water and fuel.
- 3 cabins
- 1 toilet (heads) with hot shower
- Sleeps 7
- Price per day 375€
- Price per week 2300€
- 50% deposit to confirm the booking by bank transfer
- 50% final payment due 4 weeks before the commencement of the charter by bank transfer
- boat and mooring fees in Puerto Calero,
- cleaning, bedding and towels
- Mooring fees outside of Puerto Calero
- Food and drink - if you wish us to provide victualing we ask you to complete a list and we can do this for you, the cost will be the cost of the victuals + 30 euros for collection and delivery to boat.
- Refundable deposit of 2000 € to cover any damages.