Sailing Drills & Skills
This week is aimed at those who have done RYA Day Skipper course or above, but wish to refresh their sailing skills and increase their confidence.
- Marina handling,
- Sailing up to mooring buoys,
- Sail trim and reefing,
- Man overboard rescues,
- Safety brief
Although there is no RYA certificate, we will sign your log book to show what you have done during this week.
- Accommodation for the duration of the course including the Friday night after the course free of charge and if you need to stay on board on the Saturday night after the course we charge a nominal fee of £15 be aware though that at weekends we nay need access to the boats in the day).
- Welcome drink on arrival
- Bedding - Duvet and 2 pillows
- Hand Towel and Bath Towel
- All breakfasts
- All lunches (including home made cake!)
- 2 evening meals with wine
- Use of wet weather gear
- Use of life jackets and safety lines
- All mooring fees including water and electricity
Price Per Person
|01/01/2017 - 25/03/2017||£530|
|29/10/2017 - 31/12/2017||£530|
|26/03/2017 - 28/10/2017||£570|
- 15th January 2017
- 12th February 2017
- 12th March 2017
- 16th April 2017
- 14th May 2017
- 13th June 2017
- 16th July 2017
- 13th August 2017
- 17th September 2017
- 15th October 2017
- 12th November 2017
- 17th December 2017
Bookings & Info
Although there is no theory included in this week as such we do recommend some precourse reading to allow you to get the most of the week, please use the links below to go directly to the RYA website, where you can order them direct and they will then immediately post out to you.
|Buy RYA Day Skipper Practical Course Notes at the RYA Shop|
|Buy RYA Sail Trim Handbook - for Cruisers at the RYA Shop|
|Buy RYA Sail Cruising and Yachtmaster Scheme - Syllabus and Logbook at the RYA Shop|
You will also need to bring along your RYA logbook, as we can still fill in the miles recorded. If you do not have one you can either buy one from us upon arrival for a cost of seven euro, or you can purchase direct from the RYA, using the link below, and bringing with you.